Thursday, July 22, 2010

Everyday Justice -- Julie Clawson

I really enjoyed this book, and will refer back to it constantly.
On the basis on being a people whose aim is justice, the author looks at different choices we make that affect others around the world.  She devotes a chapter to a range of topics such as coffee, chocolate, clothes, food, gas and other things.
I really like the way she laid a foundation of why we should be pursuing this, but also enjoyed her reasonable approach, and caution that changes need to be applied a little at a time for it to be manageable and sustainable.
Each chapter ended with other resources such as movies, documentaries, books and websites that were related to the topic.  I found this very helpful and used her suggestions a lot.
I believe any person who cares about others should read this book...it has changed my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment